Friday, August 22, 2008

Cate's Talking and J.J.'s listening


Cate was being such a Ham the other day. Just sitting there talking as loud as she could. I was able to get this cute little picture. She is so much fun. She has been the easiest baby and always makes me laugh.
I can't believe that J.J. is getting so old. He will be 4 in a couple of months, but he says the cutest things. Just when you don't think he is listening, he blows you away. My two favorite for the week...
1. We were driving home from Trevor's parents last Sunday evening and J.J. says, "Mom, can you make sure that I get baptized when I turn 8? Don't forget, K?" I promised him that I wouldn't forget and we would make sure that he would have a special day. They learned about baptism in Primary, and I thought that he wasn't listening. Way to make momma proud!
2. Trevor has been gone for the last 2 weeks in Boston again. He just got home again last night. J.J. was so excited to see him that he has been talking non-stop about everything that he did while daddy was gone. Well, while he was gone, I had a bit too much fun buying clothes for the kids (I just couldn't pass up the deals). Anyways, I guess when I was checking out one day, I said something like, Dad is going to be mad at me." Well, this morning he was showing all of his new clothes to his dad, especially his plane shirt, and he said. "Dad, are you mad at Mommy?" Trevor replied, "No, I'm not mad at Mommy, why?" Then J.J. said, "Don't be mad at Mommy for buying me these clothes. I really like my plane shirt." How cute. Daddy will probably be mad at Mommy when he finds out how much I spent. Really, how many dresses does a 6 month little girl need?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this age, they blow you away with the things the understand don't they? Too cute!

Brittany R said...

What a cute picture! It really is such a fun age when they start to really interact with you.

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

Too dang cute! She is such a funny girl, i already love her personality. JJ makes me laugh everytime I see him. I can just picture him trying to update Trev on the last two weeks, talking as fast as his little lips will go and skipping around from topic to topic. he really does love that plane shirt doesn't he.
Had fun tonight. DInner was GREAT!
thanks

SBryner said...

Hey Nicole--I saw a link to your page on Michelle's blog. Your kids are so cute!! I saw further down on your blog you had people write in what memories they have of you and it got me thinking about how many summers and weekends we spent together as kids. After moving in next door I remember the first time I met you, you were riding around the neighborhood on this bicycle and I remember thinking it was the coolest bike. I can't even really remember what it looked like--probably Huffy or something. You were the first one to teach me how to play Chinese jump rope. We slept out on the trampoline every summer night we could. Sewed together--matching clothes even, loved new kids on the block--can you believe they are trying to make a come back?--i think we even went to their concert together, teased boys--that older kid Kevin that moved into your house when you moved!!, played barbies for hours, I learned piano because of you. I remember one weekend I went to your new house and we watched IT and then I had to walk home in the dark past that empty canal and I almost hyperventilated from running so fast. I was home two weekends ago and went through all my high school stuff and found some notes that I kept from you. It was fun to relive memories. Hope to hear from you soon. Stephanie Wheiler Bryner

SBryner said...

Hey--I just wrote you this really long comment and then it didn't post. It is really late so I am not going to rewrite it, but I just wanted to say "hi" and that your kids are so cute. Drop me a line sometime.
Stephanie Wheiler Bryner