Saturday, January 09, 2010

Where to begin...

...maybe with the new year. I have been walking around in a haze the last couple of days. Nothing to get done and nothing to do. I don't know what to do with myself after the craziness of Christmas and my sister's wedding. Just so I remember what has happened since Thanksgiving...I am going to digress.

Went to Maui with the kids and Clint and Christie!!! Had J.J.'s Star Wars Themed party with 19 kids (WHAT WAS I THINKING)...Best part, the Darth Vador Pinata. My birthday was uneventful this year and that was perfectly fine with me. Up to Idaho for Christmas and 8 days of getting everything ready for my sister's wedding. Sister's wedding on the 30th (I was the photographer). I think everything turned out great except for me trying to get used to my new flash. Drive home...new years eve was at home. I think I was asleep before the ball even dropped. The last week we have all been sick with the cold and flu. I think we are all starting to feel better. So, I am now ready to start the new year.

Here is what we sent home with the kids for a thank you. (of course with their own picture).

HAWAII!!

Mike and Saundra...aren't they adorable?

I looked over my New Year Resolutions from last year, and I accomplished all of them except one (lose weight). Why is this always the bane of my existence? So this year, it isn't even going to be a resolution. Of course I am still going to be healthy and try, but I am NOT making it a resolution. This year, only one resolution. Find Joy in everyday, no matter how crazy. So, since i am behind, I have a few for today...

1. old school Sarah Mclaughlin. It reminds me of making out with my husband in college. JOY!
2. Cate saying "cupcake". It is adorable. i always ask her to say it because it is so cute.
3. How do you find joy in sick kids...I think the joy is that they will cuddle with you. Cate does not like to snuggle and so that is the joy...she will snuggle with me.
4. instead of getting irritated that my husband doesn't replace the trash bag when he takes the trash out, I am going to be happy that I have a husband that will take the trash out. Thank you honey!
5. I am even going to be joyful about the cold weather...How? hmmm...I am joyful because I can stay inside and finish a really good book in less than 24 hours. There, I did it.
6. J.J. learning to spell. Whenever he wants me, he says M-O-M. It makes me smile. I am not going to be sad that he is growing up so fast. Well, maybe a little.

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

Brittany R said...

My husband doesn't replace the trash bag either....

Michelle said...

Love the Rex and J.J. are "kindred spirits"! If you are in Boise you better come see us and let the kids play. Or we can meet at a play place or something. Email me and let me know! michelle.weymouth@gmail.com