Sunday, March 07, 2010

Happy Birthday, Cate!

Yesterday was Cate's birthday! I can't believe she is two. And she is sure acting like it. We went to the zoo and had a Cinderella birthday party for her. She kept singing Happy Birthday to Cate. I think she enjoyed herself. She adores her older brother and wants to do whatever he is doing. He is such a good big brother and is so gentle with her. Her favorite sayings are, "No way!", "I do it!", "Oh, no!". She has such a sassy attitude. I love it and hate it at the same time. She LOVES Cinderella and Dora. She goes around the house singing, "Cee-a-rellee, Cee-a-rellee," over and over and over. Here is what she got for her birthday. She has had it on ever since.
I don't know if she doesn't like me or if she absolutely loves her dad, but she could care less about me. Whenever I try to make her do something, she screams, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" She won't give me hugs but she will give Trevor the biggest loves. She always wants her dad to put her to sleep at night. I am trying to be okay with it, but sometimes it hurts my feelings. I keep telling myself that it is just a stage.

We love you sweetie!!!

I hope to have my Costa Rica pictures posted next week. We had an awesome time! Thanks Travis and Teniel, and Jeremy and Nichole for being awesome travel friends. I hope there are more vacations in the future.

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Thanks to you guys too, such a great trip...here's to many more!
Oh and is it just me or was it hard to come home and get back into "normal" life?

Jeremy Compton Family said...

We were at the zoo earlier that morning but probably before you guys. If I didn't have that field trip we would have gone with you guys.

Anonymous said...

you have beautiful Kids! It sounds like you guys have bee busy.

Lisa Carter said...

Wow, you have such beautiful kids. I just found your blog, which makes me happy. So gotta catch up sista.

Love,
Lisa