Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jonathan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY J.J.!
It is Jonathan's fourth birthday today and I can't help but remember the day he was born. He should have been born on the 15th since I went into labor at 7:00 am that morning. But he wanted to wait until the 16th so he was born at 12:09 am in the morning on the 16th. He was three weeks early and so tiny. He weighed 4 lbs. 12 oz. His eyes were too big for his head and his hands were huge (like puppy paws), but I thought he was adorable. There is no feeling in the world like becoming a mother. It is the greatest experience along with the most terrifying. I don't think the word responsibility really means anything until you become a parent.

Jonathan, I am so glad that I am your mother. You make me smile everyday. I love how you are so generous and always want to share with everyone. I love how friendly you are and how sensitive you are to other's feelings. I love when you come up and give me hugs and kisses for no reason at all. I am going to miss those when you get bigger. I love how when I do something for you, you always thank me. "Thank you mommy for getting my shoes for me!" I love your imagination. You are so creative and are always thinking up the funniest games and sherades (and sound effects). I love that you are a crazy boy. Sometimes you make me a little bit frazzled, but I am glad that you have that side to you (Though I do wish you would stop climbing on the counter and jumping off...you are going to hurt yourself.) I love your sense of humor and I love that you love to laugh...especially when you come up to me and say, "Mommy, that was funny, let's laugh at it." And then we laugh. I am glad that you love primary and going to church. I am so glad that I can be your mom. You make me a better person and are teaching me everyday. Happy Birthday. Love, Mom

2 comments:

Michelle said...

OMG!!! I had no idea that JJ and Rex were born on exactly the same day! Rex is 4 today as well. And I went into labor at 3 a.m. on the 15th and didn't have him until 5:29 PM on the 16th. Yep, 37 hours later. They are birthday buddies, we will have to get them together some day!

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

Happy Birthday JJ.

Hillari