Monday, December 15, 2008

Hawaii

We just got back from our trip to Hawaii. It was complete bliss. We went with our friends Travis and Teneil and brought my sister to be the nanny for Cate. We had a great time. We have been going to Hawaii the first week of December for the past 9 years and it is always nice to have that to look forward to, though I think I want to try somewhere else next year. I don't know though. I absolutely love Hawaii.

The highlights of this trip

1. Meeting Josh Holloway(Sawyer on Lost)!!!!! Me and my sister were freaking out. We are big Lost fans and so when we saw him outside his trailer, we screamed and made Trevor stop the car. I will post the picture when my sister sends it to me. Still waiting Saundra! He is as cute in person as he is on the show...maybe cuter, and really nice. It is funny because I usually don't act like a crazy fan, but if there was anyone I could meet off of Lost it would have been him and so that was fun.
2. Swimming with Sharks! Crazy, I know! Everyone picked something out that everyone else had to do, and our crazy friend Travis picked swimming in a cage in the middle of 15 huge sharks. The scariest part was standing on the boat and seeing all of their dorsal fins in the water and your thinking, "Am I really going to get in there? I must be crazy!" I am glad that I did it though because if Travis didn't make me, I would have never done it.
3. The North Shore. The waves were huge and so we were able to do a lot of boogie boarding. We even got to watch some of the surfing world championship. We watched the world champion compete. I really don't understand surfing or the scoring, but it was cool to see these guys ride huge waves. They don't look big in the picture, but most of them were twice as tall as the surfers out there.

4. The Sun! It is always nice to warm up a bit before the cold winter hits.

5. Our condo. It was awesome! It was probably the nicest that we have stayed in. The Ko Olina on Oahu. Highly recommend it!
6. Having our friends and sister there to share in the fun. You guys really aren't last. I should have put you second...yes, you lose to Josh, sorry. This picture is the 4 of us. The only one I have. Travis on the left, Me, Teneil in the middle, and Trevor on the pink boogie board (we bought it for 5 bucks at the swap meet). The boys had to suck it up and ride a pink boogie board all week. Good job boys.

7. Our very muddy hike to a waterfall. I only had flip flops on and so I had mud up to my knees by the time we were done.

Thanks for the great times!!!

My little Vampire child. I just had to share.

1 comment:

Mark and Hillari Cragun said...

I am jealous. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Next time you go you should invite some other friends (hint, hint) J/K I am glad you had a great time.

Love Hillari