Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Overexposure

So, I have been taking pictures and photoshopping all day long. I know...it sounds like bliss, but it is exhausting. I think it is more discouraging than anything else. I want my pictures to look a certain way, and it is not working. So, after talking to my friend, we decided that we need to overexpose our pictures just a little bit to get the effect we want. So this afternoon, I tried it. Here is the result. I like them. There is definitely more I need to do to them. I really only edited each picture for about 10 minutes, which is fast ( I usually take about 45 mins per picture). I guess just learning and practicing is all I can do. So, here are my kids at 4:30 in the afternoon...dirty clothes, messy hair, and food all over their face (and J.J. at the computer). Pretty true to color. This is how they look every afternoon. I still think they are adorable.

2 comments:

Vudochki said...

Hey Nicole! I've been interested in photography for a long time now and am finally going digital with an slr. I know, it's 2009 and I should already be digital. Anyway, I'm looking at taking some classes and stuff and I've found a couple cameras that I like, but can't quite decide on which one. What do you have? Do you like it? If so, why? Thanks so much. Oh, I seriously can't get over how beautiful your kids are!

Megan said...

These pictures look great. My photography teacher told us that an overexposed picture is much easier to work with--looks like you're on the right track. I love your pictures of Kate for her birthday post! BTW--are you a part of any of the Utah photography clubs? I just joined the Utah photowalking club and thought it would be so fun if you were there. I don't know any other photographers (or aspiring photographers!)